‘Boat ride’- A word that can take you on a long journey sailing through nostalgia! from the small paper boats sailing in the rainwater channels near your home to the coracle or small wooden boat rides that you took to reach a pilgrimage or the Shikara from Kashmir or a houseboat you cruised on in Alleppy, or the epic Titanic!
Since ancient times boats have been a significant part of Indian technology and culture! They have connected villages and empires or even have led wars against each other. They have put India on the world map of the trade! Some have been an inspiration for the famous travelogues, poems or the ballads.
In Kerala, river navigation is still an important part of the trade, commerce and the culture. The small canoes that sail through the beautiful backwaters present to you a memorable experience. A boat ride through these calm waters is like a journey to realise your own self. The Kettuvallams or the houseboat cruises is another experience you must have at least once in your lifetime. Boats made of bamboos and other eco-friendly material accommodate travellers just like a comfortable hotel, while they sail. Talking about the boats of Kerala how can one forget the ‘Vallamkallis’ or the boat races? The boat races stand for the spirit of sportsmanship, strength and unity! It has got everything that represents traditional Kerala- captivating rhythm, traditional songs encouraging the participants, 100s of people rowing in unison to reach one goal. It is a kind of event that you must witness!
To celebrate the same spirit wanderfirst brings to you another contest: #GameOfBoats
Write about the best memory you have associated with Boats. Email it to us. Best ones will be featured on our Facebook page. The one with the maximum no of likes will win a special customised gift from us.
- Like our page on Facebook (if not already done) – https://www.facebook.com/wander1st
- Email us your best memory associated with boats on social AT wanderfirst DOT com
- Selected ones will be featured on our Facebook page & blog with due attribution to the contributor.
- Share this post with your friends or tag them in the comments so that they can “like” the same.
- The post with maximum no of likes(=votes) will be the winner!
- 10 bonus points
For the purpose of this contest, every type of Reaction (Like, Love, Wow etc) will be considered as a “Like”.
- The contestant must like and share the wanderfirst page.
- A write-up with the maximum no of likes on the wanderfirst page until the deadline will be declared as the winner.
- There shall be only one winner for this contest.
- The prize shall be in form of the gift from wanderfirst which will be sent to the winner in the maximum time span of 8 days.
- If there is more than one post with the same number of maximum likes, the winner will be picked by a draw of lots.
- The write-up must be related to the given theme only.
- Only uploads emailed to us before 19th of July 2017 midnight in Indian Standard Time will be considered.
- The contest will remain open till 21st of July 2017 midnight in Indian Standard Time for likes.
- One person is allowed to send only one entry.
- Only entries sent to social AT wanderfirst DOT com will be accepted.
- Entries submitted must be in English only.
- The decision of if a submission qualifies for the contest will belong to the wanderfirst team only.
- Wanderfirst hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranties imputed by the laws of any jurisdiction or country other than those where it is operating its offices. wanderfirst considers itself and intends to be subject to the jurisdiction only of the courts of Alappuzha of Kerala, India.